hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Got Sass

Ila has become quite the talker lately. Every day she is saying multiple new words and phrases. While being around so many people all the time, she picks up on EVERYTHING it seems - sometimes things I'm not so excited about. She will point out things I didn't even know she knew the words for like pointing to a bug and saying "dead bug!" or going outside and saying "windy outside." She even walked past me when I was in her way and said "scuse me mommy." I definitely didn't teach her that! I can ask her about her day and she can recall what she did and tell me about it . Some favorite phrases and words lately have been "hello, nice to meet ya!" (while shaking my hand), "play under house?", "beat it haole" (thanks to uncle blake), "oh my gosh", "oh maaaan!", "no mas!", "go away NeeNee", "go pee pee NeeNee", "daddy surf?" (is daddy surfing?), "daddy check surf?", "mommy wake up!", "other deck?" (after playing on one deck she wants to play on the other deck) "ila pee pee potty?" (can i go peepee on the potty?) She hasn't actually gone pee pee on the potty yet but she likes to sit on it for a while and then wipe.  She also starting saying "I feel hungry/thirsty/cold/hot". 
Some random funny things that other people taught her are "i like pickles" (ross has an extreme dislike of pickles) "Bilbo Baggins!" (in the Gandolf voice) and unfortunately when she's being really sassy she'll look at me and say "ATH!" (ass). Hmmm I wonder where she got that one. Though she learns soooo much more being around all these people, it also has it's downside! We try to ignore her and change the subject when she says it, but when the 10 of us are meeting in the morning and she "ATH! ATH!" it's hard for me not to freak out and for everyone else not to laugh. . . but we're working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment