hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Most Confusing Potty Book Ever

Last week at out trip to the library down the street, I saw a few books about going to the potty and tossed them in the basket with the others. It wasn't until "Once Upon a Potty" became her favorite book that she wanted to read over and over again, that I realized a couple very disturbing things about this book. First off, the little curly haired child on the front cover was actually a BOY and it turned out it was a book for BOYS learning to go potty. I later saw the tiny print at the bottom, but my first realization was his wee wee. My next complaint is that the potty looked like a giant tea cup. Did they not think about the combo of using a giant tea cup as a potty and then illustrating the poo poo to look like chocolate soft-serve?! I think we just set Ila back in her potty training a few months. Lesson learned: fully inspect books you bring home from the library before it's too late.

* I would also like to apologize to her babysitter that night who was the first to read this book to Ila.


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I had the girl version when I was little and my mom got that one for Noah

    ReplyDelete