hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two Times Ila Made Me Cry Today

I have tons of pictures and updates to share, but until I get to that I needed to share a couple of things before I forget! They both happened to make me cry.

- At my dr. appointment for the baby, Ila was in the bathroom with me when I had to pee in a cup. Being that she asks me about 20 questions per minute, I knew I had some explaining to do. I must not have been very clear though because a little later she asked me "when I go to my doctor, can I pee in a cup so my doctor will drink it?"  I couldn't stop crying-laughing the rest of the appointment.

- Then on a sweeter note, I was tearing up in the car on the way to the doctor when Ila was singing the lines from Ross' Christmas song. She has an amazing capacity for memorization (I didn't know as many lines as she did), but to hear your 3 year old belting out things like "O Love, born today come and find us! Search the darkness light the way, come and guide us home" and "a thousand years of progress past, a million hearts beguiled. Now Love alone will reign and last, within one little child" melted my heart. I just LOVE this little girl and am so thankful for these moments that make all the tantrums and ugly moments worth it.

Sidenote: She also sang happy birthday to Jesus repeatedly in the grocery store when she heard Christmas music playing - probably something about Santa Claus or Rudolf. That's my girl! It was a proud parenting moment for me. (No offense to Santa, I just don't think he should take as much credit for Christmas as Jesus).

Oh, but maybe an even prouder parenting moment was the other day when she asked me "Hey what are those yellow squiggles?" when referring to a giant McDonalds sign.

Ok, that is all. Pictures coming soon.

*P.S. if you haven't heard Ross' song "One Winter's Night" that he wrote and recently recorded in Nashville, check it out here if you want.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just saying...Happy Meal toys make great bath toys!!!! :) Don't judge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blair! i will judge you when kate becomes obese, but i don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete