hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 15, 2011

"I'm Happy Now!"

After Ila decides to be finished with a meltdown or tantrum, she'll announce very loudly and enthusiastically, "I'm HAPPY NOW!!!!" 

("Well it's about friggin time" is what I usually say in my head). 

Ila has been happy pretty much all summer, but now that we're finished with camp and get a little time to relax, I feel the same way! Don't get me wrong, this was one of the smoothest summers at camp we've had, but let's just say I hope I can look back and call this "my grumpy summer" when I was pregnant and couldn't quite handle having 25 people in the house at all times without a moment of peace. It's also a very odd experience to be on the verge of tears about something dumb one minute and then realize I have to go on as "cat lady" in the skit the next minute. But somehow I still managed to put on my canadian tuxedo complete with a cat t-shirt, pop in my mouthguard, and act like a complete idiot.

But enough about that, we're on vacation now! I even took pictures of Ila today and cooked dinner tonight!! It was glorious. We'll be here for another couple of days and then we'll head to Ocracoke which will feel even more like vacation. (It's about friggin time). :)

Playing under the house is where we spent a lot of afternoons. It's shady and there's always a nice breeze.

One of the outdoor showers is her "house" and the other shower is usually mine or one of her imaginary friends: "Addie, Quinn, or Abigail." (She misses the real Addie btw!) 
"Hey mom, you can't come in here."
If there's anyone in the board room, she'll check in to make sure things are being done right. (She's very bossy these days).





 She's always made funny faces to entertain, and this summer especially, she kept people laughing.


Her beloved "monster face." She's been making this one since she was about 18 months old.



Playing in the pool! She's very cautious and still likes to hang by the steps most of the time, but I guess that's better than worrying about her randomly jumping in!

The hammocks provide about another 5 minutes of fun.


I usually think pictures of food are gross, but I was so happy to make what I wanted to make for dinner tonight I even took a picture! 
And why not go out for ice cream when you're on vacation?!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you guys to get back to CVille, but hope you enjoy your vacation!!
    Dinner together when you return, for sure.
    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete