hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 29, 2011

What I Made For Dinner Tonight

You may not care, but I made these Caprese Sandwiches tonight for dinner and they were a "big hit". Sure Ross had his without tomatoes and Ila immediately said "I don't like that" (what she says about everything except ice cream at first) but they both cleaned their plates! (Ok we did have to make up two different stories about a shy squirrel and a lost dog while shoving bites into Ila's mouth - Is that normal at age 2/ almost 3? But these days, as long as it gets in her mouth I'm happy). Ross on the other hand said he would eat this anytime! (Which is a big deal for him to say if it's not steak and potatoes).

But back to the sandwiches. I drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top to finish it off and used sliced ciabatta bread instead of white country bread. Remember the broiler cooks really fast so be careful not to burn! (I just discovered this amazing oven function about a month ago).

One of the reasons I love Charlottesville (and spend too much money on groceries sometimes) is that I could buy the chicken from the Organic Butcher, then grab a bag of locally grown basil from Feast next door, then over to Albemarle Baking Company for a freshly baked ciabatta loaf. I don't buy or cook like that everyday but when it's the only night of the week I have to cook, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment