hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Sunday, October 3, 2010

She's A Talker

It's a bit shocking to realize I can have actual conversations with our newly 2 year old. She is now speaking  mostly in complete sentences, often which take me by surprise even though I know she is a good talker. I keep meaning to write down some funny moments/ conversations so here goes...

* The other night we were sitting at dinner and Ila was being pretty cranky and not eating very well. Then she turns to me and says very enthusiastically "Sooo Mommy, how was your day?!" with a huge grin on her face. Ross and I stared at each other for a full 30 seconds before bursting in laughter. I couldn't even answer I was so shocked.

* Yesterday we were in the car at a red light and Ila was watching some kids in the skatepark and she said "Mommy what they doing?:
me: "They're skateboarding."
ila: "Ila do that too?"
me: "Not today, but maybe when you're older."
ila: "I want to do that too. Maybe nother day."
me: "Daddy can teach you when you're older."
ila: "yeah, Daddy teach me."

*When I tuck Ila in at night we pray together then lately I've been saying "No 'Mommy Mommy'" meaning  "Don't yell for mommy in the middle of the night". (She's been doing that lately). So the other day she was pretending to tuck her doll babies into their little crib and after praying "Dear Jesus, thank you mommy daddy, flowers, squirrels, amen" she said to her baby "No 'Ila Ila'" as she tucked her in! I was so amazed that she could conceptualize saying her name instead of Mommy. Or maybe that's normal - I don't know  -but i was impressed!

That's all I can think of now, but I'll try to write more down!

No comments:

Post a Comment