hannah's jewelry blog:
http://byrdjewelry.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sydney Has 8 Nipples

Why does Ila pick up on all the phrases I don't really want her to repeat often, and then say them in really awkward situations? I really should learn to put an even bigger filter on what I say, but sometimes I just can't help being me. For example, when Sydney threw up the last remnant of the stuffed fox my mother-in-law gave her on the yoga mat and Ila asked why I was rinsing it off (the yoga mat, not the fox), my best response was "because Sydney barfed on it." So now Ila says at least twice a day, "Sydney barfed on it. Sydney barfed on it!" We've also been doing a lot of counting in our house lately (Ila can count to 5 now btw), so why not count Sydney's nipples, right? I later realized that was not such a good idea when I was talking to a mom in the park yesterday and Ila came up to me and excitedly recited "Sydney has eight nipples." I pretended that I didn't understand what she had said, so Ila made it even more clear: "Sydney has eight NIPPLESSS!!" That was the end of that conversation.

2 comments: